Re-Write the Script–Never!

(Prayer offered over the Public Address system for the La Salle Academy educational community on Monday, 19 May 2014)

Let us remember we are in the holy presence of God.

Here at La Salle I’ve experienced many things, but most of all over these four years I’ve learned to keep good relationships with people and to work hard at what ever I do. It might sound a bit cliche, but it is true. I’ve made great friendships and have had teachers that helped shape me into the person I am today.

task_115353_110

I remember Freshman year when I was enrolled into the transition program. I can honestly say that being in that program helped me transition into high school. That’s also where I met the friends that I am still friends with till this day. The way Mrs. Madden, Mrs. N and Mr. Megna worked with us was incredible. Sophomore year and Junior year presented challenges that I had to overcome and seek help for, and with me seeking help I found some great teachers and tutors. That is when I got in touch with Academic Support and was able to fine tune myself. I thank Mr. Kav and Mr. D a great deal for everything they allowed me to do with music, life lessons and allowing me to go on a mission trip with them to New Mexico, where I was also able to fine tune the friendships I had with the people that went.

d6c700b1-85de-e211-a98a-002655e6c126_original

I can also say that another aspect of being here that has made the time unforgettable were the sports I took part in. I loved football and all the guys I played with every year; I enjoyed playing basketball with those guys as well, and I enjoyed running track Sophomore year and those 2 weeks Junior year. I can say though, out of all those sports, football is what helped to shape me most. The lessons that Coach Marcone gave us were bigger than winning and losing. He showed all of us that hard work goes a long way on and off the field and that relationships are important. For everything he gave us, I thank him.

0

It’s a weird feeling seeing our time shortening here at La Salle. It’s sort of bitter sweet, because like every Senior in the Class of 2014, I’m ready to graduate and go on to college, but I know that there were will be a great deal of things I will miss. I will miss the debates we would have in Academic Support, asking Mr. Aldrich if he is working hard or hardly working, and I’ll even miss running around in the hall ways getting yelled at for an ear ring or to tuck in. I’m grateful I was able to go to La Salle and I wouldn’t re-write my script for anything.

write-demo-movie-script1

Let us pray,

Lord, help us to stay focused and do right these next couple of weeks from the end of classes to graduation. Let us finish strong and enjoy ourselves as we look back on our High School careers and look forward to our bright futures.

St. John Baptist de La Salle….pray for us.

Live Jesus in our hearts….forever.

Isaiah Weeden (Class of 2014)