Help Us To Be Like Your Son Jesus

Good morning La Salle,

Let us remember that we are in the Holy Presence of God.

I heard a quote on a commercial I saw over break and I think it is a fitting description of greatness. It was in the context of Google’s Year in Search for heroes in 2019. The quote reads, “for those using their powers to empower others, search on…” I recommend watching the video on youtube if you have not yet seen it. Toward the end of break, like many of us, I found myself watching the end of the Patriots season last Saturday night. While it is not the end we had hoped for, and certainly have not one we have been used to, I think we have been blessed for the past 20 years to witness greatness in the form of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. At least those of us who are Patriots fans.

Image result for Clip Art Patriots Football

While the future seems uncertain for Patriots nation, I think the turn of a new year and a new decade is a good time to reflect on what true greatness is. After all, that’s what we are called to be, great. I think the most inspiring athletes and people are those who use their powers to empower or elevate others. While this may come easier to some of us on the field or on the court, on the ice, in the classroom, on the stage, in the soup kitchen or at home, we all have unique gifts and talents that we have been given to inspire and uplift those around us. Let us aim to use our powers this year to do just that.

Related image

Let us pray,

Heavenly Father, bless us this new year with the humility and a renewed willingness to use our gifts to serve the people you have put in our lives. You remind us that greatness in heaven is reserved for those who use the gifts you have given us to serve the least of us. Help us to be like your son Jesus by making it our mission to serve.

Google Year in Search 2019

Saint John Baptist de la Salle, pray for us.

Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.

Morning Prayer January 7, 2020:  Anthony Russo, Religion Teacher