Trust in God’s Gift

Good Morning. Let us remember that we are in the Holy Presence of God…

Saint Theresa of Avila told her fellow sisters that they were not entitled to anything. And that to even think about entitlement was like “getting a reptile in your head”. We hear this voice everyday. Entitlement Illustrations and Clip Art. 697 Entitlement royalty free illustrations, drawings and graphics available to search from thousands of vector EPS clipart producers.The reptile says to you “you’re entitled to be first, to get this, to have this.” When our lives get chaotic, it is because we feel things are going “off-script”. “I was supposed to get this promotion. I was supposed to get that role. I was supposed to get onto the team. I was supposed to get into my dream school. Events have to pan out the way I want them to go.” 

We are the center of our own universe. And when the road gets bumpy, we turn to God and say “God, please don’t let this happen to me.”

But what if that is exactly what is supposed to happen to us? What if the path we have chosen for ourselves is really an illusion, a myth? What if it is a story we have spun for ourselves that is not based in reality, but in fantasy? What if where we want to go isn’t where we are meant to be?God's Plan For Me

God has a plan for all of us, and although we claim we want to hear it, we really only want to hear it if it aligns with what we want it to be. This is something we all have to deal with, students and adults alike. It is hard to put your trust into something that may not turn out to be like what we see in the movies or on social media. But in reality, we cannot make things happen in our life. We can only meet the moment. 

If you look at the wonderful things you have, most of them, you had nothing to do with. Your talents, your height, your family, your life-circumstances, your name. None of it was created by you. Try this at some point today: If you look at someone who loves you, and you look at them when they aren’t looking at you, and you know that deep in their heart, their soul, by you being there in their life, their life is much better, much deeper, more meaningful… know that that is not something you can make happen. Their love for you is born out of something much greater than you or I could ever manufacture. That is God’s gift to us. Trust in that gift.

And so though we may not be entitled to anything, we are certainly worthy of all the good things that have come into our lives. Whatever our “wins” are here on earth, they will never be able to compete with the “win” we will have with God.

God's Gift to Us Church Bulletin | Christmas Bulletins

Let us pray… Dear God, let us put our faith in you, during this time, and everytime. Let us overcome our fears of the future and enjoy in hopeful anticipation the mysteries you will unfold before us. Let us remember the example you set with your Son, who trusted in you completely. 

Saint John Baptist de La Salle… Pray for us. 

Live Jesus in our hearts… Forever!

MORNING PRAYER: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 Mr. Joseph DeLeo, Physical Education/Health/Dance Teacher